Year 8 Leadership Programme
All our Year 8 students are leaders in our school. Each Year 8 student is a member of a leadership team and has the responsibility of leading the school at various times throughout the year. As well as their leadership responsibilities, each Year 8 student is a role model for the rest of the school.
Back row: (from left) Reuben, Finn and Archie.
- Organise and run school-wide technology/digital initiatives such as ‘Music Month’ during May.
- Support teacher and students with digital presentations.
- Keep community informed of events and support e-learning across the school.
- Responsible for digitally recording and documenting all events throughout the school year.
Back row: (from left) Charlie, Tom and Ben.
- Lead and promote school wide sustainability initiatives.
- Lead house groups in environmental challenges and explore ways to promote sustainability in school community.
- Leaders of our ‘Green Fingers Club’ and responsible for our chooks.
PALs (Physical Activity Leaders)
Back row: (from left) Tandia, Maclane and Violet.
- Organise and lead house groups on sports days, such as Cross Country, Athletics Day.
- Provide opportunities for organised sport at lunchtime.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing lunchtime equipment for all students, including distributing a variety of activities from our ‘Pod’ each lunchtime.
Young Vinnie’s Group
Back row: (from left) Khloe, Sophia and Hayley.
- Lead values assemblies and promote special character values.
- Lead House groups in special character initiatives.
- Organise and run events to support the Christchurch Young Vinnie’s Group, such as “Grab ya woollies”.
All year 8 students also have the opportunity to deliver the house points at assembly on a rostered basis, when school assemblies are able to recommence.
These opportunities and strategies to build leadership, key competencies and resilience are offered to all Year 8 children.